See all jobs in Buffalo NY
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS), Living Opportunities of DePaul (LOD)
$1,000 Sign On Bonus! Kensington Square, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy (CR-SRO) Program, is lnow hiring a Community Living Staff memeber for our overnight shift! The Community Living Staff works as an effective member of the team with regard to assisting each resident with carrying out his or her service plan goals and objectives in a person-centered approach.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 595 including the following rehabilitative services: Assertiveness / Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management / Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
- Assists the Medication Coordinator with supervising resident medications in accordance with physician's orders, agency policy and NYS Office of Mental Health regulations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in resident medication records.
- Communicates relevant information regarding a resident's mental and physical status to the Residential Services Coordinator, the Supervisor on site or directly to the provider when needed.
- Completes basic documentation in the resident file with regard to any psychiatric concerns, medical concerns, progress, or anything else deemed as significant.
- Ensures that daily tasks and assignments are completed as directed by the Residential Services Coordinator or Supervisor on site. This includes assisting with the preparation of resident's rooms prior to admission to the program, helping with the orientation of new residents moving into the program and assisting with the discharge and transfer of residents when needed.
- Completes rounds at least 4 times per shift in an effort to monitor the program and intervene when necessary to settle any potential problems or disputes between residents; this includes updates on the daily census check if needed. Works with Overnight security to ensure the safety and well-being of the resident (i.e., observation of the building and grounds, enforcing visitor's hours, ensuring the doors are locked at 9:00pm each night, restricting unwanted visitors and monitoring of the security camera's etc.).
- Shares information with supervisor or other administrative staff in regard to problems or concerns that occur during their shift.
- Works with and helps residents maintain the upkeep of their personal rooms.
- Coordinates and participates in resident's recreational activities.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect policy), staff, family members, guests and service providers.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by the agency.
- Work as a member of the residential team for each resident and give relevant input for treatment team meetings and Continued Stayed Reviews.
- Provides safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Minimum of High School diploma or GED and ability to demonstrate verbal and written skills necessary to carry out services for the success of the program. At least one-year of experience in a residential setting working with people in various stages of recovery from mental illness preferred. Valid New York State driver's license that meets qualifications set by agency's clean driver record policy is preferred.
Please note, this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00pm-7:30am.