Who are we?
Founded in 2009 by industry leaders in enterprise software solutions, Macedon Technologies is a quickly growing technical consulting firm with offices in the Washington, DC and Austin, TX areas.
What do we value?
Curiosity. We never stop learning.
Daring. We push the limits of what is possible.
Mastery. We raise the standards with everything we do.
Passion for winning. We celebrate wins.
Empathy. We are mindful of others.
Integrity. We conduct ourselves honestly and ethically.
Ownership. We hold ourselves accountable.
Teamwork. We grow stronger together.
What do we do?
At Macedon Technologies, we solve business problems by building on top of the Appian platform in a robust and Agile manner. Our Consultants architect, develop, and deliver creative solutions that help transform the way our clients do business. The result is more efficient, transparent, accountable, and profitable business processes - and happier people.
What will you do?
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration of the human resources functions including strategic planning and establishment of Human Resources policies and objectives, legal compliance, employee relations, total rewards, performance management, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives in various functional areas of Human Resources, i.e. benefits administration, workforce planning, compensation management, performance management, talent acquisition, employee development and leadership development.
- Provide direction to proactively identify risks, diffuse issues, provide employee and management consultation, conduct investigations, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Participate in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Ensure that staff development and leadership development initiatives advance culture and promote an inclusive environment throughout the organization.
- Lead and manage visa and immigration processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and timely processing of applications.
- Provide guidance and understanding of employment laws and experience enforcing key labor laws, including FMLA, ADEA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Perform analyses and provide metrics of HR activity, use analytics to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 or more years of Human Resources experience to include at least 2 years of leadership experience required
- HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Strong organizational, analytical, and management skills.
- Ability to think strategically but also focus and prioritize tactical operational issues.
- Ability to lead with integrity; providing sound advice and guidance.
- Ability to Influence, build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts.
- Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Knowledge of and skillful at partnering with a C-level officers on HR functions.