Santa Fe Recovery Center (SFRC) is committed to helping clients learn how to overcome addiction and maintain the path toward a healthy recovery. SFRC is here to support participants and their loved ones with compassion throughout the recovery process to achieve emotional, mental and physical well-being.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Counselor in the detox program provides counseling and therapy services to Detox clients with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. The Counselor in the detox program will conduct initial assessment of clients to determine ASAM criteria and risk assessment. The Counselor will work with SFRC clients under the structured framework of state and federal law, the counseling code of ethics, and SFRC evidence-based practices (EBP), and policies and procedures.
- Perform assessments on clients utilizing SFRC's biopsychosocial assessment (BPS) and other evaluation tools to determine the ASAM criteria
- Support the 12 Step programs and other Detox program client activities as directed.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment for clients.
- Works with Case Manager to provide and coordinate referral services for clients to other agencies for services not provided by SFRC.
- Attends all mandatory Staff Meetings/Trainings.
- Performs other related duties as required by Clinical Director.
- The Counselor must be actively licensed in the state of New Mexico as a mental health and or substance abuse Counselor or Therapist.
- Two years experience working with clients with co-occurring mental health/substance abuse diagnoses. Providing individual and group psychotherapy.
- Must be licensed at time of hire, and continue licensure throughout employment
- In the case of a recovering alcoholic/addict, he/she must have successfully maintained a two (2) year period of uninterrupted abstinence from alcohol and/or drugs.
- Must be computer literate in order to effectively maintain compliance with CARF, BHSD and Medicaid Standards and requirements of EHR System.
- Must have and maintain current, valid NM Driver's License. Must also have and maintain clean driving records, as well as auto insurance.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural preferred. (English/Spanish)
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
COMPETITIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE
The following benefits are offered to our employees, their spouses and dependent children:
2. 4% Matching 401(k)
5. Accident (Part-Time Eligible)
6. Critical Illness (Part-Time Eligible)
7. Employer paid Disability
8. Voluntary Life/AD&D
9. Teladoc Virtual Visits (Part-Time Eligible)
In addition, the following benefits are extended to all full-time employees:
1. Employer paid Disability
2. Employer paid Basic Life/AD&D