The Medical Coder and Biller is responsible for all aspects of accurate patient accounts receivable including, but not limited to, insurance verification, billing, claims follow-up, and posting of payments. Negotiation with commercial insurers may be required.
Starting salary for the Medical Coder and Biller is $18.00 to $23.00.
The Medical Coder and Biller position works weekdays, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Responsibilities of the Medical Coder and Biller include:
- Ensuring proper coding;
- Verifying patient insurance coverage;
- Submitting accurate claims to insurers and statements to patients;
- Ensuring that claims are correctly paid;
- Processing payments;
- Monitoring unpaid claims, maintaining claim statuses, and making collection calls; and
- Entering patient services into the EMR or other records.
Qualifications for the Medical Coder and Biller include:
- An Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience (preferred);
- Three years of healthcare related billing, coding and collections experience for a hospice, hospital, nursing home, or physicians practice; and
- ICD-10/HCPCS/CPT coding certification and experience.
The Medical Coder position is full-time Monday through Friday and enjoys full benefits, which include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life and disability insurance;
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays; and
- Continuing education assistance.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Medical Coder and Biller plays an important role in that mission.
Full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p,m,