Work as a member of the Interdisciplinary team to assist patients and families in managing the psychosocial, emotional and resource needs related to end of life issues.
The salary for the Medical Social Worker is $32.50 an hour for hours worked.
This position is ideal for someone seeking some extra income, gaining practical experience, and/or looking to get a foot in the door.
The essential job functions of the Medical Social Worker include:
- Responding to patient or care giver needs in-person or telephonically.
- Completing admission and transfer process with patients and families including explaining hospice services and insurance benefits and completing paperwork as appropriate.
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients/families/caregivers related to the patients terminal illness and environment. Participates in development, implementation, evaluation and updating of Interdisciplinary Care plan.
- Provides counseling and education for patients and families and community members regarding psychological, emotional and social aspects of death and dying.
- Assists patients and families in identifying and utilizing appropriate resources to meet environmental, financial, legal or psychological needs.
- Documents all patient/family contact and activity in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
Qualifications for a Medical Social Worker include:
* A Master's Degree in social work;
* Experience in counseling, health care, hospice and/or family systems (preferred); and
* Current Michigan licensure as a Clinical Social Worker (LLMSW, or LMSW).
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit hospice dedicated to providing quality hospice care to our patients in West Michigan and the Medical Social Worker play a key role in that.
On-call weekend rotation (every third or fourth). 8:00p.m. Friday to 8:00a.m. Monday.