Full-time position includes healthcare benefits, PTO, 403B, employee assistance programs, gym discounts, and more!
Lutheran Social Services of the South, Inc. dba Upbring
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Job ID: 2021-4472
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Category: Maintenance & Housekeeping
The housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping duties throughout the facility/building to create a clean, sanitized, and safe environment for the children and the staff. The overall goal is to maintain and create an inviting environment for the children, families, and staff. Upbring is classified as an essential business by the state because the services we provide are critical to the wellbeing of thousands of children and families. Our Upbring staff members are servant-leaders on the pursuit of breaking the cycle of child abuse and empowering others to do the same through example while embodying our core values: We are Warriors. We are Servants. We are Family.
We Are Warriors | We Set the Standards for Child Welfare
- Perform general housekeeping duties, such as cleaning and sanitizing common areas, restrooms, windows, walls, carpet, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash receptacles, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures. And sweeping per the assigned cleaning schedule.
- Spot clean and maintain resident and common areas, as needed
- Dust furniture, baseboards, equipment, and other items in safe manner always
- Clean equipment and store general cleaning supplies
- Regularly inspect work to ensure cleanliness and proper sanitization in accordance with department standards
- Ensure the environment is always free of hazardous chemicals or cleaning products; maintain the environment in a manner that is safe for residents and staff
- Perform all cleaning duties using the proper supplies, equipment, and chemicals; seek assistance from facility manager when needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Report all accidents and incidents to the facilities manager in a timely manner; notify the facility manager regarding the need for major facility/building issues
We Are Servants| We Help Others
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to maintain appropriate inventory of housekeeping supplies
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager to examine resident living areas, halls, common area, and lobbies to determine repair or replacement of furniture, lights, or equipment
- Assist facility manager with the evacuation of residents and staff during emergency situations
- Provide on-call assistance when needed
- Work closely with the Facility manager and the team to ensure department operations are working effectively and efficiently and department goals and objectives are being met
- Assist Facilities Manager with the evacuation of residents and staff during emergency situations
We Are Family | We Are Passionate & Compassionate
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, the facilities management team, facility staff, contractors, sub-trade contractors, and volunteers to ensure housekeeping duties are being executed to meet expectations and are completed on time
- Work as team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices
- Actively participate in exhibiting cultural awareness and sensitivity when interacting with children, parent(s)/guardian(s), staff, and the community
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 6 months housekeeping or janitorial experience
- Ability to handle emergency with or without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks and unplanned requests during shift
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions concerning mixing of cleaning and disinfecting solutions
- Service oriented with the ability to work with diverse groups of people in a respectful and courteous manner
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks
- Ability to see the different colors, shades, and brightness; ability to see objects in very bright or dim light
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (based on service populations and area)
- 1-year housekeeping or janitorial experience x
This position is eligible for promotion/transfer. If an appropriate position is available, the employee must meet minimum qualifications, including the promotion/transfer eligibility guidelines.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
- This position will require constant bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, and reaching, frequent walking, sitting, and standing for long periods of time
- Position works in a child facility and has constant exposure to children
- Lift, push, pull, move up to 50 lbs. and use equipment and/or work with other team members to move, push, pull, left up to 100lbs.
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing this position the employee with or without reasonable accommodation should have the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, speak, and hear with aid, see, read, reach with arms and hands, lift and/or move up to specified weight, and use equipment that is essential to performing the job, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile, if applicable. Specific vision requirements of this position may include color vision, seeing things close up, and the ability to adjust focus.
The statements herein indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of the job and may request the employee to perform other duties and responsibilities not listed at his/her discretion. This job description is not a contract between the employee occupying the position and the employer. Upbring is an at-will employer. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status. If the day-to-day work I perform differs significantly from the above outlined essential duties, it is my obligation to inform my supervisor and/or Organizational Development.