Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Design tools and dies in Solid Edge CAD software for sheet metal parts manufacturing including tool material selection.
- Use of advanced trades' mathematics, including trigonometry together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, data bases, formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments and all varieties of production related equipment. Including, but not limited to CNC equipment, multi-machine work stations, heat treat equipment, computers and specific technical software applications involving a thorough technical-skills knowledge (i.e. CNC programming), plus the application of basic theory.
- Evaluate existing production methods, equipment, tools and dies for improvement and tool life estimates. Redesign as required to improve performance and quality & provide retraining of operators as needed.
- Design low cost automation systems. Research and Develop flexible/reconfigurable tooling for assembly of various MTO products
- Troubleshoot equipment to ensure efficient operation.
- Analyze manufacturing processes and determine Return on Investment (ROI) for project justification. Make project plan, timeline, and presentations supporting M.E. Projects
- Write specifications for acquisitions of new equipment. Source and research vendors for machinery and equipment
- Write qualification plans and procedures for final acceptance of equipment and adherence to equipment specifications using statistical methods and design of experiments methodology.
- Installation and commissioning of tools, dies & other equipment. Prepare work instructions for production staff
- Participate in quality and safety audits to ensure conformity to ISO and OSHA regulations.
- Participate in design review meetings with Product and Design Engineers.
- Respond to customer inquiries, escalating manufacturing and delivery issues as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Required.
- Four or more years of related experience
- CAD, lean manufacturing, metallurgy
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of math skills as they apply to tooling design and machining process. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Office-Access, Excel, Word, Internet Communications, Print interpretation including GD&T
- Engineering Principles
- Ability to travel
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability