The Estimator will be responsible for providing details (takeoffs) for each proposal issued to them by the Estimating Manager. The Estimator will review each customer RFQ and organize for proper and prompt proposal preparation, using standard forms and methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Review the RFQ to understand its intent, requirements, details, timing and scope.
- Understand the manner to which the Owner needs it presented.
- Walk and review the jobsite conditions.
- Creates as detailed as possible take-offs for the equipment and all ancillary devices shown, specified or needed based on the scope and overall conveyor knowledge.
- Contacts sub-contractors for bids scope of supply not facilitated by KCI, Incorporated as required.
- Prepares bid packs for the sub-contractors.
- Continually review all customer general specifications and standards to ensure compliance.
- Get pricing on purchased equipment and fabricated items, as necessary.
- Adds costs to each line item in the estimate.
- Ensures that all items of work are included.
- Review subcontractor's proposal for content, price and clarifications and include a matrix of rank.
- Consider cost savings or value-added alternates.
- Review any engineering or feasibility considerations.
- Assists in preparing final quote & documents to submit to the customer as required. Detail & clarifications are critical.
- Establish a plan for the timing and getting the SOW accomplished.
- Review the quote with the Estimating Manager and Sales.
- Review the quote with management, as required.
- Work with engineering and operations as necessary to complete the quote.
- Provide critical as sold information, job kickoff and setup for job budget.
- Provide job field order and/or change order estimates as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of directly related experience in industrial construction, mechanical engineering, or a related industrial discipline, preferably in the automotive or industrial fiberglass manufacturing industry.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred (or combination of equivalent work/education experience)
- AutoCAD at minimum, must be able to use for reading, plotting, and dimensioning.
- Proficient with MS Word and Project. Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
- Requires some travel including overnight to attend bid meetings and to review job sites. Position could involve out of country travel, but rarely.
- Detail oriented and organizational skills are a must.
- Work well in fast paced, time-sensitive, deadline-oriented environment.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability