The Quality Engineer (Customer) will be primarily responsible for meeting our quality requirements and goals as they relate to customer quality, problem resolution, documentation and change approval. In addition, this individual will also provide leadership for continuous improvement team activities in specific manufacturing departments. Coordinates activities with Sales, New Product Introduction, Product Engineering, Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Lead all aspects of customer satisfaction for your assigned projects. Monitor customer websites daily and review Customer specific requirements periodically. Keep the USTA customer complaint database up to date.
- Lead responses to customer complaint and concern activities, including internal notification of problem, containment at USTA, customer and supplier, verification of material for certified shipments, sorting, root cause investigation, corrective action implementation and communication with the customer. Act as the single point contact for the customer and internally for all quality issues.
- Participate in the APQP teams for new project launches and localizations. Complete all customer and supplier submissions for your assigned projects. Ensure that the CFT is on track with APQP activities, attend and actively participate in CFT team meetings. Provide clear status updates at the APQP report out meetings. Ensure that all submissions are ontime and accurate, use lab personel to assist in data collection and submission preparation.
- Identify all quality requirements to the suppliers in writing when the POs are placed. Prepare control plans and inspection plans for new projects. Review and revise control plans and inspection plans at least annually. Ensure that prototype orders and requirements are completed ontime with quality parts and paperwork.
- Identify supplier related issues that affect customers or USTA quality. Coordinate with SQE to initiate SCAR to those suppliers. Work with the Materials department & SQE to follow up on supplier issues and close SCARs. As needed, assist the Materials department with supplier improvement projects.
- Support the production floor with problem solving, data analysis and investigations. Participate in CI teams and in order to prioritize problems and work to implement solutions. Provide quality related training to the shop personnel. Make basic presentations to help new and current employees understand the role of SPC, Kaizen, QC and other quality tools. Internal Audit team participation.
- Report to management any issues prior to missing an objective.
- Ensure quality requirements are met and improved upon for internal manufacturing processes.
- Lead internal meetings to drive corrective actions to various departments.
- Perform various internal quality and process audits to ensure conformance to IATF 16949 requirements
- Perform various internal layered process audits to continually improve internal quality and production
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5+ Years of Automotive Manufacturing Experience; Three (3) years Quality Engineer experience is highly desired
- Engineering or in a related field of study and at least five years of QE leadership experience in an industrial and automotive environment. Experience with lean manufacturing, project management, and ISO procedures is preferred.
- Ability to think critically and creatively in high-stress situations. Must be able to work independently while maintaining a distinguished level of time and priority management.
- Proficient problem solving and root cause analysis skill.
- Preventative action experience with cost savings analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word required;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; excellent time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making with the ability to analyze situations and present a resolution(s).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), works near moving mechanical parts or within risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability