See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for working directly with approved suppliers to purchase various items or materials (raw materials, MRO, semi-fabricated parts, office supplies, packaging materials, services and finished product for resale) supplied from requisitions and/or master scheduling information. This position will also perform a root cause analysis of supply issues and make recommendations to resolve.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with suppliers as the face of the Company to purchase materials and ensure that suppliers are accountable relative to on time delivery, quantity, quality and price.
- Oversee the control of inventory on consumed materials, reworks, repairs and retrofits. Initiate orders as needed to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Advise internal customer of changes in delivery dates or of possible alternative sources and recovery plans.
- Enter orders into purchasing systems and issue copies of purchase orders.
- Maintain orders, pricing, certificates, etc. in the purchasing system and set up new items and suppliers.
- Perform root cause analysis of supply issues and make recommendations to resolve.
- Participate in the regular core team meetings as assigned, supporting procurement of new/prototype materials
and external processes.
- Conduct on-site visits to determine and validate capabilities of current and potential new sources. Visit
manufacturing plants and distribution center as needed.
- Project costs for upcoming year and participate in cost savings initiatives
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain and one (1) year of related experience is required.
APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society)/CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) cerification preferred. MRP (material
requirements planning) knowledge is preferred. Familiarity with manufacturing pull systems, inventory, and production control and reading blueprints and bill of materials is a plus. Must possess a strong analytical and reasoning ability. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the company and suppliers. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.