See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Packaging Engineer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Packaging Engineer works under general supervision of the Packaging Engineering Manager and is responsible for managing all aspects of the packaging commercialization process for new product development and sustainability projects over assigned product categories. The packaging engineer will work closely with product managers, marketing, sales, sourcing, quality, product suppliers and local manufacturing teams.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Design, prototype, and test retail packaging components for new product development projects.
- Manage packaging structure development both domestic and internationally. This includes, but is not limited to, clamshells, trapped blisters, folding cartons, injection molded hang tags, printed polybags and header cards.
- Work with vendors as well as internal teams to set-up promotional and point of purchase displays and ensure packaging fits with the company's marketing and branding.
- Work with local and international packaging suppliers to develop and maintain specifications based on the suppliers production capabilities.
- Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive and noncompetitive products to identify new marketing trends, packaging improvements, or material changes that result in better customer experience, improved performance in supply chain and have a positive impact on the environment.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage.
- Make recommendations of the work flow design to ensure efficient packaging systems and processes.
- Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
- Participate in resolving engineering design, packaging quality, materials and testing issues, including troubleshooting directly with the packaging team.
- Prepare packaging documentation including, detailed drawings, specifications, handling and shipping instructions, and inspection criteria as directed.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field and one (1) year of related experience are required.
Experience with palletization optimization software (ex:TOPS, CAPE) and analysis and CAD (SolidWorks) is a plus.
Must have strong technical, analytical, planning and organizational skills. Must be capable of facilitating projects and solutions.
Demonstrate oral and written communication within a team environment. Ability to prioritize projects and departmental goals to meet established deadlines. Ability to adapt to changing priorities under tight time constraints. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.