See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Supplier Development Manager for our Mansfield, TX office.
The Supplier Development Manager is responsible for the performance and continuous improvement of assigned supply partners in support of corporate goals and objectives. This position will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities to optimize the overall performance of the supply chain, including risk mitigation, cost reduction, supplier quality, and delivery.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Administer supplier scorecard process.
2. Conduct business reviews with key strategic suppliers, with an emphasis on supplier improvement and performance.
3. Identify risk in the supply chain and work to mitigate through the execution of strategic projects.
4. Work with suppliers on cost reduction strategies, including the identification of value engineering opportunities.
5. Track and communicate metrics related to supplier performance to all levels of the organization.
6. Negotiate cost pressure issues facing assigned suppliers.
7. Act as an escalation path for Procurement, Logistics, Product Management, or Operations as needed.
8. Review and maintain capacity planning information for assigned suppliers.
9. On-board new suppliers through the new product development process.
10. Conduct routine supplier assessments to maintain current information.
11. Maintain and analyze key cost drivers for the organization.
12. Oversee long-term relationship with suppliers to identify growth opportunities.
13. Establish and maintain supplier contracts and legal documents.
14. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Bachelor's degree in supply chain or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of supplier management experience are required. Knowledge of lean principles and demand flow techniques is required. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) are a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project). Must have strong technical and analytical skills. Must have project management and problem solving skills. Must be able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the company and suppliers. Ability to lead
and effectively manage cross functional teams.
Must be willing to travel three (3) days per month.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.