See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Industrial Designer is responsible for providing creative user-centric concept ideation through the use of discovery research, data visualization, problem framing, sketching, 3D rendering, 3D CAD, and prototyping as
requested by product management and or the project lead for new product development projects.
1. Use theoretical principals and judgment to evaluate and develop design concepts to meet project requirements by preparing product concepts using sketches, 3D rendering, 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), conceptual models, and/or rapid prototypes.
2. Develop industrial design specifications and analyze the intended use of products to optimize the product function and value.
3. Prepare specific documents to document the design intent of each product and responsible to officially release in company database as record.
4. Prioritize projects to align with the goals of the various project teams under the guidance and mentoring of the Industrial Design Manager.
5. Ensure final designs meet product specifications, quality, cost goals, and manufacturing standard.
6. Resolve complex tasks within the job function.
7. Interpret consumer and customer feedback into essential innovations.
8. Review the progress on all active projects on a consistent basis and provide current and accurate information to maintain project time lines.
9. Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace and have an understanding of materials, manufacturing techniques and processes, and quality control.
10. Maintain close contact and work with all internal departments, plants and facilities, as well as outside vendors of finished goods and suppliers of components.
11. May mentor lower levels to ensure quality of work.
12. May assist associate manager in providing direction and supporting the team on projects.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design and three (3) years of Industrial Design experience required. Experience using SolidWorks preferred.
Must demonstrate creative and analytic skills through traditional industrial design sketching, drawing or computerized drawing techniques. Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro experience is preferred. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.