See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a CAD Designer to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The CAD Designer is responsible for developing accurate and complete engineering documentation under the limited direction of an engineer. This position requires solid knowledge of computer drafting and design, including both 2D drafting and design and the development of 3D solid models from minimal conceptual design inputs, and experience in plastics manufacturing.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Develop complex product design and documentation, including but not limited to developing 3D solid models based on concepts, sketches, or interactions with engineers, detailed drawings of components or assemblies using the SolidWorks CAD system or other CAD software under the limited direction of an engineer.
- Conceptualize ideas into functional, working models based on best principles of mechanical design, manufacturing and user interaction, with an emphasis on plastic products.
- Modify existing designs, including advanced surface modification keeping the changes constrained to the scope provided.
- Create complex 3D technical models from translated surface, imported solids or Industrial Design using the SolidWorks CAD system or other CAD software with limited direction of an engineer.
- Recommends appropriate tolerances on components based on stack-up analysis and manufacturing input under the limited direction and approval of an engineer.
- Work to minimize any design detail that may cause extra steps and add cost in the manufacturing process.
- Prepares Engineering Change Order (ECO) documentation that is accurate and complete under the limited direction and approval of an engineer per the corporate procedures.
- Train less experienced CAD users as required.
- Accurately links product information (product drawings or inspection criteria) in Agile or other product data management software under the limited direction of an engineer.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time-lines.
- Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for your downstream customers.
- Be able to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
- Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Drafting & Design with 5 years of direct CAD drafting experience with SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent 3D modeling software. The ability to draw detailed engineering drawings and 3D Solid Models based on concepts, sketches, and/or the limited direction from an engineer is required.
Experience working with high volume consumer products manufactured in plastic, including material properties, mold design, sliding cores , complex parting line definition and draft strategy.
Ability to generate high quality models that conform to our visual brand guidelines.
Good organizational skills, attention to detail, machine shop practices and processes, and good drafting practices and standards are required.
Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization. Ability to work with and take direction from the engineering staff.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.