See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
We are currently seeking a Product and Consumer Research Specialist for our Mansfield, TX office.
The Product and Consumer Research Specialist is responsible for assisting the Product Development team in developing and executing product-oriented plans that fit the Company's selling tactics, distribution channels, strategy, and financial goals. The position will also be responsible for creating opportunities for end user research and organizing, conducting and analyzing job site visits and Voice-of-Customer research sessions. In addition, the position will assist in conducting end user research of various forms and develop a database of end users for ongoing research. Lastly, this position will develop a clear understanding of end-consumer preferences, influences, trends, and buying behavior in order to develop ideas, selling strategies, and plans to share with the wider organization that would drive awareness, adoption, and sales of new and existing products based on interactions with end consumers.
1. Identifies and conducts thorough market research and analysis through interaction with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues, including significant field time. Collects and maintains market
information, including competitive products. Analyzes data and advises management on research targets, emerging markets, and growth opportunities. Spends about 50% of time in the field identifying and investigating opportunity for product innovations.
2. Researches/collects and analyzes data on the competitive environment, current product offering, customer needs, and sales trends. Assists Product Development team to seek out, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, improved merchandising, promotions, and other growth prospects.
3. Plans, coordinates, and participates in Voice-of-Customer research sessions for Product Management team. Develops and maintains a database of local professional tradespeople for ongoing product research.
4. Leads the product field testing process, which includes identifying the appropriate product testers, coordinating the distribution of the product, collecting customer evaluation, and retrieving the product after 30 to 45 days of field use.
5. Provide support to local and corporate sales team with conversions of end users from competitive products.
6. Identifies target job sites and develops relationships in order to gain access to them- both union and non-union, residential, commercial, and typical maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO). Ensures that marketing, engineering, product management, and other corporate personnel are able to access job sites to complete product research and discuss products with end users.
7. Understands basic tactical product knowledge on product functionality, pricing, packaging, merchandising, use, and applications. Provides product-related assistance to other areas of the Company as needed to support sales,
customer service, e-business, and other functions.
8. Uses experience gained in the field interacting with end consumers and distribution partners to develop a clear understanding of end-consumer preferences, influences, trends, and buying behavior and applies this experience to
develop ideas, selling strategies and written plans to share with the product management team and the wider
organization that would drive awareness, adoption, and sales of new and existing products.
9. Drives effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Fosters good working relationships among team members and other functional contacts.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, engineering or related business field or equivalent years of experience. Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. Experience using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong organizational skills. An understanding and ability to perform related mathematics and financial calculations. Must be an effective team player that takes initiative and ownership of projects. Ability to project manage multiple tasks effectively.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.