See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Cost Accountant to be located at our Mansfield, TX facilities.
The Plant Controller is responsible for all plant accounting functions with a strong emphasis on inventory control. The Plant Controller position interfaces daily with the Operations Manager(s) and production staff to support continuous improvement and develop business strategy. This position will ensure that accounting controls are maintained and that the plant's financial objectives are understood by the operations staff. This position acts as an internal auditor to insure compliance with company policies and procedures.
1. Ensure that financial reporting is accurate, timely and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as in compliance with the company's accounting guidelines and procedures.
2. Preparation of monthly journal entries, month end accruals and Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
3. Work closely with the operations team, providing meaningful insight and analysis of key drivers of performance.
4. Support manufacturing with cost and variance analysis, identifying negative trends and recommending the proper corrective actions.
5. Monitor the cycle count program investigating large variances and lead the year end physical.
6. Assist in the preparation of capital expenditure proposals.
7. Provide costing updates within Precision Risk Management System (PRMS).
8. Support the development of the annual budget including the plant Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) and Balance Sheet.
9. Drive the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. Monitor and ensure compliance of the policies and procedures.
10. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
11. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Accounting, Supply Chain & Logistics, Marketing and Information Technology department personnel.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Management and three (3) years related experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of PRMS is preferred.
Must possess experience implementing best practices and strategic initiatives.
Ability to work independently.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.