Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to THIS EMAIL . Click here to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Associate Director, Patient Experience and Pathways
Job ID: 2021-2203
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Market Access Strategy
The Associate Director, Patient Experience and Pathways is a leadership and customer facing role; both
internal and external. They are responsible for helping to ensure that appropriate patients have access
to the Radius portfolio of products. This includes mastery of the patient acquisition journey including
knowledge of patient support services, specialty pharmacies, and market access landscape.
This is a remote position as Radius is primarily a virtual company.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains productive relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
including internal as well as external (i.e., healthcare providers, health care systems, and
specialty pharmacies) to deliver on the brands strategic imperatives aimed at providing the best
patient pathway experience.
- Provides oversight and analysis of the utilization, quality, and impact of the Clinical Educator
- Monitors KPIs, performs business analysis, and provides insight for strategic planning of the
patient acquisition process and resource placement.
- Leverages insights and data from systems, internal teams, and external customers to look for
program experience enhancements and inform decisions on patient acquisition strategy.
- Educates external stakeholders on the patient journey and fulfillment processes through
Fulfillment Pathway programs
- Collaborates with Radius customer support services to optimize the patient acquisition process.
- Serve as functional expert of the patient acquisition process in support of internal training and
- Consults with external customers and vendors to build and improve patient acquisition
- Attends industry events and meetings.
- Ensures all activities are consistent with all regulations, laws, and company compliance policies.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 10 years pharmaceutical industry cross functional experience in specialty sales, market
access, specialty pharmacy, or support services.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge/expertise of national & regional payors and understanding
of utilization management criteria, prior authorizations, and medical policies.
- Demonstrates understanding of clinical educator networks and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specialty pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrates understanding of Health Systems related to disease product formulary.
- Demonstrated leadership experiences that shape the impact of change across boundaries. Prior
people management experience.
- Must have experiences that demonstrate influencing without authority for change in behavior
- Must have strong sense of self-motivation/initiative, excellent decision-making judgment, strong
team/collaboration skills (across functions) and the ability to learn and adapt to an ambiguous
environment to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to lead in complex, cross functional teams and build strategic long-term partnerships.
- Effective communication, presentation in both the breadth and depth of patient access.
- Strong business analytic skills and ability to effectively analyze metrics to assess progress against
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
The work is performed primarily in a remote office environment with occasional required in person office work, meetings, and/or travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is required to utilize audio visual programs for frequent meetings and discussions with fellow employees, vendors, outside agencies and/or customers. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
Radius is a commercialized biopharmaceutical company committed to serving patients with unmet medical needs in endocrinology and other therapeutic areas. Radius lead product, TYMLOS (abaloparatide) injection, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. The Radius clinical pipeline includes investigational abaloparatide injection for potential use in the treatment of men with osteoporosis; an investigational abaloparatide transdermal system for potential use in the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis; the investigational drug, elacestrant (RAD1901), for potential use in the treatment of hormone-receptor positive breast cancer out-licensed to Menarini Group; and the investigational drug RAD011, a synthetic cannabidiol oral solution with potential utilization in multiple endocrine and metabolic orphan diseases, initially targeting Prader-Willi syndrome.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Radius Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Radius Health, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.