JOB TITLE: GB Host
DEPARTMENT: Retail & Hospitality
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager(s)
ABOUT BUNDSCHU COMPANY:
Breaking Tradition for Six GenerationsThe Bundschu Company owns and operates Gundlach Bundschu Wine, Abbots Passage Supply Co, Echo Echo Wine and Huichica Music Festival in Sonoma Valley and beyond. Owned and managed by the Bundschu family for 160 years, the company has built a robust and storied wine industry legacy by continually looking forward and pushing boundaries on all sides. We are known for best-in-class wines, beautiful settings, dynamic customer experiences, and a spirit of fun and approachability. We strive to create a working environment that inspires personal and professional growth and a business that affords a meaningful and enriching lifestyle to all its participants. We are looking for hard working, smart thinking, motivated, innovative, and collaborative individuals who value our legacy and are ambitious enough to create one of their own.
The GB Host is responsible for providing a unique and memorable experience for each Gundlach Bundschu guest through education on the family, history, and exceptional wines with a strong focus on sales. The GB Host is a self-starter and internally motivated and can thrive both working independently and in a fast-paced, team environment. Above all, the GB Host is a personal yet professional brand ambassador of all things Bundschu Co. and has a passion for wine knowledge, customer service, and our family heritage.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales Excellence
- Focuses on wine education with a strong emphasis on sales. Recognizes that asking for the sale is a vital part of all hosting and guest interactions
- Takes accountability for achievement of retail goals, including wine sales, wine club sign-ups and data collection.
- Customer Service Aptitude
- Embodies the essence of good customer service in recognizing & anticipating guests needs
- Effectively engages with customers to build relationships & embody the Bundschu Co. brand
- Demonstrates honest character, positive attitude, and enthusiasm in all interactions
- Wine Knowledge
- Have a passion and interest in continuing wine education
- Makes it a priority to attend all wine education trainings & classes (internal) and seeks out wine education opportunities (external)
- Takes the time to read up on our wines, vineyard, property. Showcases proficiency in Gun Bun wine & vineyard knowledge
- Recognizes that a professionalism of dress, appearance & manner are essential in providing quality of service and holds themselves accountable in maintaining this high level of personal attention
- Takes responsibility for keeping back of house behaviors away from service areas, such as cell phone usage, eating, drinking and the consumption of alcohol
- Strives for a friendly and respectful tone of voice in all communications with guests and peers.
- AMS / POS system Proficiency
- Demonstrates a level of skill with our POS system
- Exhibits proficiency and comfortability with ringing up sales, conducting ship orders, pushing through will call orders and competence with Customer Management (updating cc on file, updating personal information on file)
- Demonstrates a high level of problem solving & coachability
- Work Style Requirements
- Be an independent worker in your shift location lead all set-up duties, wine education, sale executions, and closing duties (restocking wine, heavy lifting, wiping down tables, etc.)
- Be a team player in your shift location work together with a variety of personalities in a fast paced environment with grace & adaptability
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 years experience in the wine industry or qualified experience (preferred)
- Ability to work flexible schedule (weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Proficiency or coachability in learning our POS system (AMS)
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor
- Passion for wine education and being a part of our Gun Bun team
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Stand on ones feet for a full shift (6-8 hours)
- Exhibit full range of motion while standing, lifting, bending, etc.