Who We Are:
CDSI, Creative Digital Systems Integration Inc., is an emerging small business company providing cutting edge technology solutions to complex RF requirements. We develop ground-breaking 'first-of-its-kind' products that have ranged from complete phased-array antenna systems, radar calibration tools, application modeling, and data visualization. These are very exciting times for CDSI as we have strategically maneuvered our company as a leading manufacturer within the telemetry digital beam forming technologies as well as the radar/telemetry simulation environments.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Software Engineer with the ability to support our telemetry/EW and digital beamforming development projects.
As a Software you must be a team player and have some familiarity with Electrical RF and mechanical principles and have experience with Software development on different platforms. You must be willing to travel to support our clients in Europe and throughout the United States.
CDSI is a company built on collaboration and creativity. We foster an environment of sharing information, and provide the highest level of mutual respect.
In addition to producing clean, documented and tested software to implement algorithms and/or User Interfaces, this candidate will:
- Report to our Software development lead or Chief Engineer.
- Produce software documentation including requirements, descriptions, and progress reports.
- Provide special attention to remote operation and troubleshooting.
- Be responsible for design, implementation, integration and test of modules and subsystems.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and solve problems on existing Hardware/Software systems.
- Conduct periodic reviews of procedures and software development systems in order to recommend improvements for consideration.
- Work with customers and senior scientists to create system product requirements
- Provide software architectural direction and cohesion across all products.
- Plan development and production releases.
- Documentation: produce documents describing programs, systems, procedures,
- Prepare and present technical content to internal team members and customers.
- Contribute technical content for proposals for telemetry/antenna systems when required.
- You must be willing to travel Internationally
Skills/Qualifications and other considerations:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or software engineering
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Agile Development techniques
- Revision control software
- Ability to communicate concepts to coworkers of all educational levels
- Ability to work under ITAR and other similar requirements and restrictions
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Firm understanding of best practices involving code modularization and reuse
- Experience in developing for both Linux (5+ Years) and Windows (2+Years) systems
- Experience in developing both concurrent and event loop driven software
- Debug tools such as gdb, core dumps, and backtraces
- Experience with both Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming paradigms
- Familiarity with Unit Testing, system simulation
- UI Design using standard libraries (e.g., GTK, Qt)
- Multi-threaded applications (Linux, POSIX threads, 2+ Years)
- Qt development environment (1+ Years).
- Python (2+ Years)
- C++ (5+ Years)
- ARM (Atmel)
- Build tools (cmake (2+ Years), GNU make (2+ Years))
- bash (5+ Years)
- Measurement equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Various communication protocols (RS-232/422, TCP/UDP, ISA, PCIe, I2C, SPI)
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Digital Signal Processing experience
- Motion Control Systems
- Target Acquisition algorithms
- Test Driven Development
- Agile Methodologies
CDSI is an AS9100D certified workplace.
Candidate must have US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status
Software Engineer - Compensation and Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a robust benefit package including:
- Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- AD&D insurance
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- We offer a 401k program with matching contributions from the company.
- In addition, we offer endless opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your strengths through top-tier training programs, certification sponsorship and tuition reimbursement.
- Most importantly, we offer a fun, energetic environment that truly has a familial atmosphere and a crucial emphasis on maintaining a strong work-life balance through our paid-time-off policies, paid holidays, parental leave, family leave, and bereavement leave.
- Shared company profit at the end of the year
NOTE: In order to conform to Government technology export regulations (ITAR), applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders). CDSI uses e-Verify and provide Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employees I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
CDSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Software Engineer Job Type: Full-time
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Powered by JazzHR