COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS
Do you want to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment where your accomplishments are celebrated and rewarded? Konnect General Stores is looking for talented, innovative, customer driven, and entrepreneurial people like you to help us transform the industry. We focus on providing outstanding customer service in clean, modern, convenience stores, gas stations, and truck stops across the United States. With State of the Art facilities, advanced technology, and a team of cheerful, professional individuals, our stores are the perfect stop to redefine convenience and customer experience for all of your essentials and household staples and more
We are currently looking for a Cook to join our amazing team. Konnect General Stores will provide you with lifelong skills and knowledge to grow, so your job search ends here.
Our Cooks are the heart of our service. We serve AMAZING Food, Fast & Friendly And have fun doing it! A Cook has the primary responsibility of providing a positive Customer experience, including ensuring all food orders are prepared to standards and working in various areas of the Store.
Your commitment to being your best each day is compensated with a highly competitive hourly wage that rewards your efforts, and benefits to ensure your well-being (benefit options apply to full-time employees).
- Follow proper safety procedures when handling and/or preparing food
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Undertake basic cooking duties, such as frying, grilling, prepping, stocking and boiling food.
- Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Taking orders from Customers and processing payments efficiently
- Maintain a positive and professional approach to coworkers and customers
- Lift and carry, push or pull heavy objects up to 50 pounds
- Kneel, bend, twist or stoop
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management staff
- Knowledge of health and safety kitchen rules and regulations
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Food Handlers card / Servsafe - Prefered but not required
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Provide all Customers with quick and friendly service
- Work together as a team, assisting other Crew Members in completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service
- Work under pressure and at a fast pace