$3,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Join the industry leader where we value career growth!
The MSU Mechanic will perform mechanical repairs and inspections in a rail road ramp type environment, repairs to be performed from a Mobile Service Unit. The employee will perform all types of chassis repairs including brake jobs, welding, cutting with a torch and repairing and replacing parts on the chassis using standard repair tools. Some minor container repairs, patches, door latches and hinges type of work. Repairs will be conducted based on estimates written by an M&R Supervisor and based off of roadability issues.
- Perform FMCSA chassis inspections
- Perform container chassis repairs of all types
- Perform light container repairs
- Change tires as necessary
- Maintain Parts Inventory
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Communicate with management on space requirements, backlog of work, inventory issues, etc.
- Work and repair chassis according to TRAC Chassis Pool Repair Guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to meet TRAC drivers license standards
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- At least 2 years of experience in chassis mechanics, usage and customary repair methods
- Some experience with minor container repairs
- At least one year of experience in MIG and/or ARC welding
- Knowledge of AAR, IICL and DOT rules and criteria
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Medium ability to use a variety of computer systems (Office and IDCS systems for rail)
- Ability to read and write legibly
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to review a written plan and execute according to the stated standards
- Ability to work within a process oriented, fast paced team atmosphere
- Must meet minimum FMCSA requirements that are listed in the Special Position Requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks
*Must meet production, performance, safety and attendance goals.