Headquartered in West Hollywood, California, ConferenceDirect is one of the world's leading event management and hospitality services firms. We help clients save time and money by securing the best hotel accommodations, meeting space, conference venues and hospitality services available at the most favorable terms possible. We are passionate about achieving better results for our clients and living our core values:
Title: Event Technology Service Coordinator
Department: Registration & Event Technology, Folsom, CA
Direct Report: Senior Manager, Event Services
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time. 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel: 0-30%, based on assignment
The Event Technology Service Coordinator is responsible for meeting contractual obligations and working to maintain and/or improve client satisfaction through providing registration, onsite event support and training. The Event Technology Service Coordinator will work to leverage SaaS platforms to drive customer success. Typical functions include, but are not limited to: client platform training, creating registration sites / mobile applications, providing onsite event support, analytical review of reporting, and ensuring event success.
Training & Troubleshooting
- Provide client knowledge of assigned registration, mobile app or virtual meeting platform through training, webinars, and instructional documentation
- Lead client through platform admin training and onsite prep
- Speaker Tech Checks and preparation
- Exhibitor Booth Training
- Leading Attendee Walkthrough of site
- Customize training documentation and guides for attendee, exhibitor, and speaker communication
- Provide client with a Go Live site walkthrough
- Function as point-of-contact for escalations for event support issues
- Complete final event check prior to event Site launch
- Troubleshoot issues, thereby identifying and remedying trends
Registration & Virtual Onsite Support
- Working in collaboration Event Technology Success Managers on the creation of registration / events sites, mobile apps virtual meeting sites within required deadlines
- Create client reports to include strategic analysis and suggestions for future events
- Assist with fulfillment of onsite needs for in person meetings as well as day of support for virtual meetings. This may include troubleshooting technical issues, helping attendees, assisting the clients with modification, and video conferencing.
- Participate in the planning and execution onsite check-in, badge printing, mobile app support & lead retrieval services
- Respond to client/speaker/attendee technical issues and inquiries with accelerated response times
- Manage virtual green room for speakers in order to ensure speakers are prepared for live presentation
- Ensure that webinars are started correctly and are viewable by attendees
- Monitor and respond to Live Q&A and attendee chat during sessions
- Provide phone and / or video support to speakers and attendees with connectivity issues
- Utilize technology tools in the completion of assigned tasks (Zoom, Vimeo, Pathable, Swapcard, Streampoint, Cvent, Asana, Outpost, Aventri, Hubspot & Harvest)
- Provide strategic recommendations for process enhancement, increasing efficiencies, improving service and retaining customers with assigned accounts
- Finalize contractual obligations by completing close process and final reporting within 30 days post-event
- Proactively provide recommendations for corrective action to leadership as appropriate
- Promote additional services provided by ConferenceDirect such as Housing, Registration, Event Technology
- Execute overall event services using designated technology
- Participate in client conference calls as required
- Monitor time spent on accounts to maximize efficiency and profitability. Following Implementation Timelines & adhering to SLAs of 24-Hour Client Response Time & Customer Reporting within 30 Days.
- Additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above may also be required as needed
- Registration Management
- Mobile Apps Management
- Onsite Check-in Management
- Client Customer Service
- Cross-Team Collaboration
- Event Coordination
- SAS Platforms
- Attention to Details
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Relationship Driven
- Task Management
- Positive Attitude
This position does not require direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position may operate in a professional office environment from Folsom, CA or remotely.. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Americans with Disabilities Act.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
The Company expects all employees to support our equal employment opportunity policy, and to take all steps necessary to maintain a workplace free from unlawful discrimination and harassment and to accommodate others in line with this policy to the fullest extent required by law. Moreover, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Company engages in an interactive process to establish reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law..Requirements:
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
Minimum 1-3 years experience in technology focused on client services
Previous experience in virtual meetings or registration platforms preferred: Streampoint, Pathable, Swapcard, Aventri, Cvent, Zoom, Vimeo
Previous experience and demonstrated success managing multiple projects at one time
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in-person, via email and over the phone
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to remain organized and clearly communicate in a fast-paced environment
Ability to break down complex projects and initiatives into attainable project tasks using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Ability to work across organizations and lines of business
Willingness to participate in departmental projects
Ability to communicate in a remote working environment