Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, ConferenceDirect is one of the world's leading event management and hospitality services firms. We help clients save time and money by securing the best hotel accommodations, meeting space, conference venues, and hospitality services available at the most favorable terms possible. We are passionate about achieving better results for our clients and living our core values:
Title: Event Technology Success Manager
Department: Housing, Registration & Event Technology
Location: CA, MD, NC, NE, SC, VA
Direct Report: Senior Manager, Event Services
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time. Remote. 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel: Travel possible with onsite assignments
The Event Technology Success Manager is responsible for meeting contractual obligations, building strong client relationships and working to maintain and/or improve client satisfaction with supporting Event Registration, Mobile Apps and Virtual Meetings. Typical functions include, but are not limited to: building relationships with clients, consultative support, delegation of project tasks to team members, analytical review of event data, and ensuring event success.
- Ensure client launches are defined, communicated and successfully implemented for Registration, Mobile App & Virtual Meetings.
- Creation of Event Technology solutions within required deadlines
- Identify areas of critical need and provide solutions to client
- Give consultative feedback and updates to clients as needed
- Monitor time spent on accounts to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Other responsibilities in the areas of Virtual Meetings, Mobile Apps, and Registration as needed
- Assign and manage Event Technology build and service to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Work with build and service teams to implement project timelines
- 24-Hour Client Response Time
- Client Invoicing within 30 Days
- Client Surveys
- Customer and Financial Reporting within 30 Days
- Function as point-of-contact for escalations for Client and Associate issues.
- Proactively provide recommendations for corrective action to leadership as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues, thereby identifying and remedying trends.
- Provide strategic recommendations for process enhancement, increasing efficiencies, improving service and retaining customers with assigned accounts.
- Plan, execute and manage event services using designated technologies within the world of Registration, Mobile Apps. & Virtual Meetings
- Work with assigned service coordinator to complete event check prior to launch
- Lead weekly client conference calls as required
- Provide client reports to include strategic analysis and suggestions for future events
- Finalize contractual obligations by completing the close process, final reporting and invoice within 30 days post-event.
- Promote additional services provided by ConferenceDirect such as Registration, Housing, Event Technology, and Mobile Apps
- Utilize all office tools in the completion of assigned tasks (Asana, Hubspot, Outpost, Zoom, Vimeo, Pathable, Swapcard, Streampoint, Cvent, Aventri, CrowdCompass)
- Additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above may also be required as needed.
- Registration Management
- Mobile Apps Management
- Onsite Check-in Management
- Event Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Relationship Driven
- Task Management
This position does not require direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional remote office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in account management focused on client services
- Previous experience in Event Technology & Registration platforms preferred: Streampoint, Aventri, Cvent, CrowdCompass, Pathable, Swapcard, Zoom, Vimeo
- Previous experience and demonstrated success managing multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in-person, via email and over the phone
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain organized and clearly communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break down complex projects and initiatives into attainable project tasks using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across organizations and lines of business
- Willingness to participate in departmental projects
- Ability to communicate in a remote working environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Americans with Disabilities Act
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
The Company expects all employees to support our equal employment opportunity policy, and to take all steps necessary to maintain a workplace free from unlawful discrimination and harassment and to accommodate others in line with this policy to the fullest extent required by law. Moreover, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Company engages in an interactive process to establish reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law..Requirements: