Ohana AZ is looking for Part-Time and Full-Time Direct Care and Behavioral Health Technicians who have a passion to work directly with teen in foster care who have experienced significant trauma and also have special needs. Ohana means family and it is our purpose to help create a family like environment for teens who are in foster care. Ohana needs adults who have a passion to build relationships with teens in order to provide hope and healing. Ohana is seeking individuals who are creative and able to help create normalcy for our teens through helping them apply for a job, go on outings, encourage them to be involved in youth groups, and other community events.
Staff Beneftis and Opportunities
Ohana invests into its staff through providing competive wages, offering trauma trainings, Leadership development, health/dental/vision plans, and 401K options. Ohana believes in the Power of Yet and is always looking for ways to grow as an agency and seeks to find individuals who want to be part of making a difference in the lives of teens.
Available shifts are Overnight shifts 10:00p-8:00a; Weekend Shifts 8:00a-3:00p & 3:00-11:00p, Weekday evening shifts 2:00/3:00-10:00p and pay rate various depending upon experience, education, and ability to drive for Ohana. Also, take advantage of the extra $1.00 per hour for overnight shifts for BHT's.
Please email Ohana HR Manager, Bryan Dawes at THIS EMAIL if interested or apply online for the DCS Behavioral Health Technician through the Ohana Careers Page.
Additional Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Complete ongoing training to include CPR, First Aid, and Prevention & Support or CPI
- Participate in monthly team meetings and agency wide trainings/meetings
- Follow agency policies and procedures
- Demonstrates strong boundaries and shows care and concern for children in crisis
- Assist with client admission and discharge
- Follow an assigned schedule for daily activities
- Oversee clients' completion of daily living tasks
- Follow house rules and schedules to provide consistency
- Dispense medications
- De-escalate children when child is dysregulated
- Complete daily progress notes and incident reports, when necessary
- Able to safely and appropriately utilize Prevention and Support/CPI behavioral intervention standards when necessary
- Exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
- Use abdominal & lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing
- Maintain all DES licensing standards
- Preferred to be at least 21 years or older for BHT's
- Must be at least 18 years old for Direct Care workers
- Minimum 1 year of experience in childcare or related training and education required
- Must be flexible
- Must have reliable transportation and means of communication
- Must be able to pass a background check to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card from Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Must have a valid AZ Driver's License with good driving record
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must display and uphold Ohana company values at work and on any social media platform
- Minimum training required: Prevention & Support/CPI, CPR, & First Aid AND Article 9 for Direct Care workers