Armor Express is one of the largest suppliers of soft and hard armor protective solutions to Americas Heroes. Our passion for producing the most innovative armor systems is made possible by the commitment of every Armor Express employee, many of whom have spent their lives serving our country.
Now is an exciting time to join our team - a team dedicated to saving lives!!!
Do you enjoy working with your hands to make tangible products that save peoples lives? Do you have an eye for details? Put your strengths to work as a sewing machine operator at Armor Express. In this role, you will work as part of a team creating and assembling soft ballistics and carriers. This role consists of the following duties:
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, including pattern plates, needles, presser feet, etc
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting fabric, thread and needles
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues
- Run and operate the sewing machine and other binding equipment to join fabric; attach velcro elastic, cord, zippers, hooks, buttons and other trimmings to sewn pieces according to work order instructions and diagrams
- Prepare materials for machine embroidery and other automatic embellishment, including securing fabric in hoops, templates or clamps and guiding into machine
- Monitor machine to detect problems, such as defective stitching, breaks in thread or machine malfunction.
- Activate and adjust machine controls to regulate: stitching speed and length, material or thread tension, etc.
- Position material through feed rollers and guides, or position and maneuver under sewing machine presser foot and needle during operation
- Folds or fits together materials to prepare for machine sewing
- Examines and measures sewn parts to verify conformance to standards.
- Places spools of thread, cord or other materials on spindle, insert bobbin and thread ends through machine guides
- Replace and rethread needles
- Records/tracks parts processed (utilizing counter)
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly output and quality goals
- Signing Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Production Incentive
- Other voluntary benefits
Qualifications for Level 2:
- Must possess intermediate sewing skills and have ability to operate sewing machine
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers/hands, while manipulating or assembling material/parts
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of the machine to exact positions
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Availability to work overtime
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- Good manual dexterity to meet job responsibilities
- Good visualization ability to see details at close range
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for safe conduct on the manufacturing floor and to meet job responsibilities.
This job is indoors in a traditional manufacturing setting. Activities are primarily done while standing.
As a federal Contractor, Armor Express abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, or any other status protected by state or local law, and compensation inquiries, discussions, or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by state or local law, and compensation inquiries, discussions, or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to respond to this job posting as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by calling (336) 635-6208.