Position: Service Technician Residential, Commercial,
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Controlling pests on-site in a variety of accounts.
- Physically inspecting a variety of residential and commercial structures to determine the presence of pests; calculating the severity of infestations and the degree of structural damage.
- Interfacing directly with homeowners, homebuyers, and their agents regarding the work to be accomplished.
- Creating diagrams and graphs indicating the type, degree, and location of infestations.
- Performing creative sales solicitations and providing estimates.
- Coordinating activities with the department secretaries and other branch personnel.
- Determining the costs, estimating the crew time, and scheduling work.
- Receiving and properly accounting for company funds collected during the course of business activities.
- Submitting all paperwork and collections on a daily basis.
- Performing other administrative tasks at the supervisor's direction, including ordering equipment and supplies, compiling and submitting a variety of reports, and calling customers regarding client callbacks and stopped service.
- Maintain company-issued equipment and vehicle in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- May complete rodent exclusion tasks.
- May complete minor home repairs, including insulation removal and installation.
- Ensuring that jobs are done legally, professionally, and within specifications.
- Receiving and accounting for company funds.
- Read and understand label instructions regarding treatment procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
You must hold and maintain a valid drivers license.
Education and Specifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- You must obtain the necessary license or certification for the state/province within 6 months of the start date.
- May be asked to perform general maintenance, such as empty the trash or sweep floors, as part of an employee rotation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- You will work outdoors in all types of weather. Use and maintain safety equipment including bump caps, gloves, goggles, respirators, eye washers, first aid kits, and spill abatement equipment. During a normal workday, you may inspect, crawl and work in sub-areas, basements, and attics of structures and work with or around avicides, desiccants, fumigants, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, miticides, propellants, rodenticides, termiticides, and other materials commonly found in and around structures.
- Operate company vehicles, power sprayers, foggers, dusters, drills, vacuums, and a variety of common hand and power tools and other equipment. Perform minor repairs on tools and related equipment as needed and must keep vehicle and equipment in a clean and safe working condition.