$2,500 Sign-on Bonus!!?
We have an immediate opening for a Lead Surgical Veterinary Nurse Technician at Keystone Veterinary Emergency & Referral!
We are a busy small animal, multi-specialty ER hospital, located in Havertown, PA. We provide 24/7 Emergency Service to our community, in addition to specialty appointments in Surgery, Radiology, Cardiology, and Ophthalmology. Our Lead Veterinary Nurse will help train and assist Veterinary staff in these specialties and act as a lead for our surgery department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the surgery department including orthopedics, general surgeries, equipment and maintenance.
- Nursing skills: ?IV catheter placement, venipuncture, triage, radiology, laboratory procedures, administration of medications (IV, IM, PO, SQ), and patient care.
- Triage: the ability to perform physical exams; accurately count heart rate, CRT, mucous membrane color, temperature, respiratory rate, respiratory effort and obtain a history from the owner.
- Act as a lead shift nurse in the emergency department.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years of veterinary experience, lead experience is a plus.
- Is highly communicative, compassionate, precision to detail, and able to work under pressure.
- Has in depth knowledge of surgical equipment & the sterile processes.
- Possesses above-average time management skills.
Why work at Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral??
We invest heavily in our teams' growth and development. ?We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance. Our benefits package is one of the best in the industry and includes health, life, vision, dental, 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits!?
If you are passionate about pets and providing exceptional veterinary care, we want you to join our team!