Ready to accelerate your career while helping our fleet move forward? As an Entry-Level Fleet Mechanic at ERC Midwest, youll do exactly that. Whether youre looking for your first job out of school or have some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears, our Fleet Mechanic position may be a great fit for you. If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team. You will be working on the newest state-of-the-art equipment in the industry -- and work in an industry that provides sustainable solutions for the benefit of our environment We are looking for Fleet Mechanic with a great work ethic and the drive to succeed!
Why work for us? ERC Midwest LLC offers competitive wages and a complete benefits package, including health, dental and vision plans, STD and LTD, and Life Insurance within one month of employment. We also offer fully paid training, a 401(k) match upon eligibility to enroll, and tuition reimbursement.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Basic mechanical skill set.
- Valid drivers license required and must also have or be able to get a CDL license (Class B/C minimum).
- The ability to solve problems.
- Must have own mechanic tool set within 90 days of hiring; you will also be trained on how to use tools such as a plasma cutter, oxy acetylene torch, mig welder, aluminum spool gun, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and outside.
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete ERC Midwest employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation.
- This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety-sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.