- A structural welder is responsible for the welding of metal fabricated parts by utilizing various welding processes and positions
- Complete welds on various types of metal objects using an array of welding techniques such as SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding.
- Grind and de-burr metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Assure proper fillers are being used based materials being joined
- Coordinate with field supervision for efficient installations.
- Daily workplace cleaning.
- Care and control of equipment and tools.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstratable experience in SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding along with gouging techniques.
- Able to perform job duties which includes welding steel, and may include aluminum, copper nickel and more.
- Inspect welded surfaces to ensure welds meet the minimum size and visual acceptance criteria.
- Achieve good speed of execution while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Make adjustments to the welding equipment depending on the type of weld being performed.
- Setting up and operating semi-automatic and fully automatic welding equipment.
- Operation angle grinder, burr grinder, chipping hammer, and other power and hand tools.
- Experience using jigs, clamps and positioners.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Receive job assignments from supervisor and carry out assignments as directed. Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Able to read a weld gauge.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstratable ability as a 6GR welder. Ability to pass a hands-on skill assessment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED. Welding technical certification program will be considered.
- Previous experience in a fabrication preferred.
- Standing-Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Walking- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Turning, twisting, bending and stooping- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Pushing and Pulling- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Reaching, forward and reaching overhead- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
- Climbing- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
- Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing-These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed /required to work in this industrial environment is a safe and efficient manner.
- Lifting-Able to lift 50#.
- Access- Ability to enter a 24 diameter access hole and step over 24 high threshold.
- 80 to 90% of the work activities are performed outdoors. Individuals will be required to work in changes of temperature, hot, cold, humid, wet and dry conditions; dust, mud, etc., along with other conditions in an industrial work environment.