Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc. (AGIA), a wholly owned subsidiary of K2 Insurance Services, LLC, is seeking a full-time Garage Underwriter.
Founded in 1977, AGIA offers a diversified national platform of specialty insurance programs through its insurance companies. Acquired by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services in 2013, AGIA continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, and support staff.
AGIA offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our pay and benefits program includes competitive pay; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer matching.
Garage Underwriters activities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring daily underwriting and policy processing work is completed in accordance with service level objectives and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing rate recommendations that are competitive and ensure long-term profitability for the company.
- Maintaining positive relationships with current agents and developing profitable relationships with new agents.
- Monitoring the profitability of the companys book of business and making recommendations to maximize it.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideally, the Garage Underwriter will have:
- Bachelors degree in insurance, business, finance or other related filed.
- At least 2 years Underwriting experience, with P&C license a plus, but not required.
- Existing Brokerage relationships a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Garage and Auto Dealers required.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Learn more about AGIA at www.aegisgeneral.com and K2 Insurance Services at www.k2ins.com.