Midwestern Insurance Alliance (MIA) is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our audit team in our Louisville, KY office.
MIA is a workers compensation program administrator offering custom-tailored workers compensation insurance programs through its carrier partners. MIAs acquisition by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services in 2012 has enabled MIA to expand its product offerings and product distribution channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist/facilitate all audit activities for small to large accounts from audit ordering to the final audit completion.
- Quality and timely handling of the premium audits for small to large to more complex policies.
- Communicate with underwriters concerning matters that have been determined during the audit process.
- Customer service that includes phone calls and emails from and to our insureds and/or the producer of the account.
- Any additional tasks that are pertinent to the operations of the audit department.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Aware of and understand a variety of payroll and accounting systems.
- Ability to read and analyze accounting journals/ledgers and various tax reports.
- Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to effectively present information
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet and contend with deadlines and influxes of workload.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and exhibit a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently as well as work as part of a team.
Midwestern is national growing program manager for workers compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k) with employer match. We also offer a business casual work environment and atmosphere.
Learn more about MIA at midwesterninsurance.com and K2 Insurance Services at k2ins.com.