See all jobs in Elkridge MD
Job Location: Elkridge, MD
Location: Elkridge | MD | 21075 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Power Systems Rental Sales Representative, based in Elkridge, Maryland. ThePower Systems Rental Sales Representative is responsible for generating income by renting equipment and services, including power generation, temperature control, air compressors, pumps, and also selling Used Equipment inventory from the Power Systems Division to all customers in an assigned territory. Duties include achieving rental sales and profit goals, travelling throughout territory to call on regular and prospective customers, counseling customers on specific equipment solutions, assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the rental agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with CMCo products. Seeking energetic candidates with experience in the rental and application of portable generators, load banks, HVAC, air compressors and pumps. A relevant college degree or equivalent industry experience desired. Minimum of two years' sales experience preferred.
Requirements for the Power Systems Rental Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of formulating sound business/territory management plans, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
- Able to quote prices and credit terms, negotiate deals and prepare appropriate paperwork for orders.
- Strong math skills are required; able to read estimates and work with discounts, percentages and dollar figures.
- High mechanical aptitude required; must understand job situations and project conditions to suggest products best suited for customers.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required; capable of towing and operating equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Power Systems Rental Sales Representative job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Paid vacation.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match ranging from $0.75 to $1.25 for every dollar contributed, up to 6% of your total compensation and based on years of service.
- In-house training programs to help advance your skills and opportunities within the company.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)