See all jobs in Sterling VA
Job Location: Sterling, VA
Location: Sterling | VA | 20166 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a General Construction Sales Representative in Sterling, Virginia. TheGeneral Construction Sales Representative is responsible for selling all assigned Caterpillar and Allied products within an assigned territory. Duties include assisting customers with equipment recommendations, assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the sales agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with products. Seeking outgoing, career-minded candidates with previous sales experience and knowledge of the equipment industry and applications preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
Requirements for the General Construction Sales Representative position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Product knowledge and the ability to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Able to develop and execute action plan to produce sales results.
- Able to work under pressure, quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Must have a clean driving record, and the ability to tow and operate equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job.
Physical requirements must be met for the General Construction Sales Representative job, including the ability to lift and carry items up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, with frequent walking. Repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)