We are adding to our sales team in the Northwest!
Are you a highly motivated self starter with an entrepreneurial mindset?
Do you pride you pride yourself in providing superior customer service?
Do you enjoy strategizing and coming up with business solutions?
We are looking for a qualified Territory Sales Representative near Portland, OR, Seattle, WA and/or Northern California.
This individual will be responsible for the overall sales and customer service for their client base. Performance expectations will be evaluated on meeting monthly sales targets. This ideal candidate will have strong closing skills, territory management experience, client relations and strong negotiation skills. Distribution and/or wholesale distribution industry experience is preferred. Product knowledge of food service, food service packaging, jan/san, and/or paper products is desired. The right individual will be self-motivated and have a strong initiative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of distributors
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Experience in consumer products such as Jan-San, Disposable Food Service Products or Paper preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a proven closer, have a demonstrated track record of success, and be a highly motivated self-starter. This position will be required to travel frequently to develop strong relationships with clients.
R.J. Schinner is one of the largest privately held re-distributors in the United States. After being in business for over 65 years, R.J. Schinner has now grown to 19 Distribution Centers, 500+ employees, and servicing customers in 48 states. We are family-owned and family-operated. The company is rapidly growing and prefers to promote from within so we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team. R.J. Schinner offers a comprehensive benefits and time off package in addition to many other benefits.
R.J. Schinner is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.