RJ Schinner is seeking a Warehouse Associate/Backup Driver to join the team at our Tracy, CA location! Join our team!
This person will be working in the warehouse helping the team with in-bound shipments and putting products away using a forklift. This person will also act as a backup driver to deliver products when the regular route drivers are not available. This person needs to have experience driving a 48-53 ft tractor trailer and have a valid CDL license.
Hours: 1st shift
Job Description and Duties
- Responsible for accuracy of all in-bound shipments. Checks suppliers counts and reports discrepancies to carrier and supervisor
- Maintains other shipping records such as returned merchandise, damage, discrepancies, etc.
- Responsible for care in handling merchandise
- Establish an appropriate rapport with customers, vendors and delivery drivers
- Responsible for performing operations and safety check, (including battery, brakes & lift controls), on all powered industrial trucks
- Recommend equipment needs and repairs
- Verify inventory levels with system cycle counts against physical counts
- Transport merchandise from daily inbound receipts to appropriate locations
- Replenish warehouse pick locations to capacity
- Observe and comply with all workplace safety procedures and measures, including immediately documenting any unsafe acts, conditions, or accidents
- Load outbound carriers
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse
- At days end, return electric equipment to charging station, and prepares equipment for daily (overnight) charge
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Backup Driver Duties
- When a company driver is unable to perform their duty for any reason the backup driver can be called upon to drive any truck route asked.
- Responsibilities include: checking out the load and assembling the bill according to the trip order, noting any discrepancies in orders and keeping the required records, reports, counts, and trip logs.
- In the event a regular company driver calls off of work after hours, every attempt will be made to adjust routes to accommodate all drivers for all routes. This means the backup driver may be contacted by phone, after hours, to be informed of route driving responsibilities.
- Valid Class A CDL license and at least one year of experience driving a 48-53ft tractor trailer
- Must have a clean driving record
- Forklift experience
- Experience using an RF Scan gun is preferred
- Ability to perform light to heavy physical tasks; able to lift 50 lbs. safely