See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Job Title: Transportation Project Manager - (702)
Organizational Unit: Transportation - Transportation (00.08X.080)
Location: Canton, OH, US 44702
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: 0 - 10%
Job Title: Transportation Project Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Canton, OH
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
The Thrasher Group is a multi-disciplinary firm with roots planted in West Virginia. From a small-town civil engineering firm to a respected regional powerhouse, Thrasher has scaled to meet our clients' needs. Today we provide engineering, environmental, architecture, construction services and survey services to communities and organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. With 10 offices in 7 states we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we don't just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We're always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental needs, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We're looking for a Transportation Engineer with experience and enthusiasm for Project Management to join our Canton, OH team. As a member of the team you will ensure quality work is always delivered and work on a multitude of transportation projects. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Ability to build client relations
- Assist with statement of qualification preparation for transportation and related projects
- Prepare and assist in developing project scopes and fee proposals for existing and new clients
- Manage project budges
- Supervise/manage members on project team
- Prepare complete construction plans, perform, or review, mathematical calculations for design geometries, grade lines, alignments, and drainage
- Prepare detailed project cost estimates for all roadway and ancillary items
- Work with construction inspection personnel, as required, to assure that contracted work accomplishes the intent of the design
- Perform design calculations
- Technical report writing
- Quantity calculations
- Project management from inception to completion
- BS or MS from an ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering
- A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable experience
- Professional Engineer in Ohio is a must, other states are a plus.
- Proficient using MicroStation with GEOPAK design software
- OpenRoads Designer and Civil 3D experience is highly desired
- Experience and knowledge of ODOT'S PDP process
- Possess the ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Strong communication, leadership and time management skills
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 35 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"