See all jobs in Beaver WV
Job Location: Beaver, WV
Job Title: Staff Engineer- Water Resources - (808)
Organizational Unit: Water Resources - Water (00.01X.010)
Location: Beaver, WV, US 25813
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: 10 - 20%
Job Title: Staff Engineer
Type: Full Time
Location: Beckley, WV
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
Division: Water Resource Market
We're looking for a civil engineer with experience and enthusiasm to join our team as a Staff Engineer in the Water Resource Market. This position will be seated in Beckley, WV. As a member of the team you will drive profitability, work on a variety of projects, and collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities include, but will not be limited to;
- Possess the ability to work with senior level engineers to prepare design calculations, drawings and specifications for municipal water, sanitary, sewer and storm water projects
- Prepare plans for permitting and construction of water resource projects which include design, layout, grading, drainage and Erosion and Sediments Controls
- Prepare detailed project cost estimates for all water resource projects
- Work with construction inspection personnel, as required, to assure that contracted work accomplishes the intent of the design
- Project management from inception to completion
- Perform design calculations
- Technical report writing
- Quantity calculations
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
- A bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school, in the field of Civil or Environmental Engineering
- EIT is highly desired, but not required
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication, leadership, and time management skills
Salary Range: N/A
Travel Required: Minimal, Day Trip
Supervisory Status: No
Management Focus: No
Design Focus: Yes
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 35 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"