See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Job Title: Project Engineer- Water Resources - Canton, OH - (807.2)
Organizational Unit: Water Resources - Water (00.01X.010)
Location: Canton, OH, US 44702
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Exempt
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: 0 - 10%
Job Title: Project Engineer
Type: Full Time
Location: Canton, OH
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
Division: Water Resource Market
The Thrasher Group, Inc., is a multi-disciplinary firm, looking to hire in the Canton, Ohio Office. We are still growing from a small-town civil engineering firm to a respected regional powerhouse, Thrasher has scaled to meet our clients' needs. Today we provide engineering, environmental, architecture, construction services and survey services to communities and organizations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. With 9 offices in 6 states we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we don't just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We're always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental problems, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We're looking for a Project Engineer with a passion for the Water Resource Market to join our Canton, OH team. As a member of the team you will drive profitability, work on a variety of projects, and collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Lead the evaluation and/or support of existing service area utility assets and develop corresponding recommendation for rehabilitation or replacement
- Lead and/or provide support in the design of the rehabilitation or replacement of water and wastewater pumping stations and treatment plant assets
- Lead and/or provide support for designs of neighborhood utility rehabilitation projects
- Check performance or conformity with plans and specifications as part of engineering services during construction
- Assist with submittal reviews, requests for information, correspondence, change requests, and change orders for construction projects
- Provide support, guidance, and mentorship to junior staff
- Coordinate and assist with environmental studies, permitting, alternative analyses, and other technical deliverables
- Review the work of others and ensure high quality submittals meet and exceed client expectation
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
- A BS from ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering
- EIT or PE is preferred, but not required
- 5 or more years of civil design experience
- Strong technical writing ability
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D is preferred
Salary Range: N/A
Travel Required: Yes
Supervisory Status: No
Management Focus: No
Design Focus: Yes
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 38 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"