See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Job Title: Survey Technician - (604.4)
Organizational Unit: Survey - Survey (00.05X.050)
Location: Canton, OH, US 44702
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Non-Exempt
Education: High School / GED
Travel: 80 - 90%
Job Title: Survey Technician
Type: Full Time
Location: Canton, OH
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
The Thrasher Group is a multi-disciplinary firm with roots planted in West Virginia. We've grown from a small-town firm, to a region powerhouse, as we have scaled to meet our clients' needs. We don't just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen, by rolling up our sleeves and tackling challenges head on.
We're looking for a Survey Technician who is eager for opportunity and thrives in a fast-paced environment. If those qualities fit your work ethic, check out the below responsibilities.
Your responsibilities include, but will not be limited to;
- Assist the Survey Crew Chief on job sites
- Assist with various types of land survey and mapping
- Conduct construction stakeouts for various both private and public clientele
- Successfully complete electronic reporting
To be successful in this role, you will bring;
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Previous experience as a survey technician is desired but is not required.
- The ability to work in a variety of climate conditions including hot and cold weather
- The ability to travel with the potential of being away from home.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Position requires the ability to carry approximately 25 pounds of survey equipment and the ability to stand or walk over rugged terrain for extended periods of time.
Salary Range: N/A
Travel Required: Yes
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"