City Fitness is looking for a customer service champion with strong communication skills and a passion for helping others. This role serves as the face of the organization and the initial point of contact for all members and guests. In addition to clerical tasks, the FLA is responsible for enforcing a variety of operational controls in a polite and tactful manner. This individual functions as a facilitator, engaging members, directing request, and escalating matters when necessary. FLA is constantly promoting the mission, values and guiding principles of City Fitness by maintaining an ongoing aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives.
- Enthusiastically greets and welcomes members, prospective members and guests
- Monitors facility access by upholding and enforcing company usage policies and protocols
- Serves as the first point of contact; Provides front-line member & guest support
- Assists in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club
- The Front-Line Advisor is a City Fitness ambassador with strong communication skills and a passion for customer service. This role serves as the face of the organization and the initial point of contact for all members and guests. In addition to clerical tasks, the FLA is responsible for enforcing a variety of operational controls in a polite and tactful manner. This individual fas a facilitator, engaging members, directing request, and escalating matters when necessary. FLA is constantly promoting the mission, values and guiding principles of City Fitness by maintaining an ongoing aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives.
- Receives the public and answers questions in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries and refers to the appropriate person, position or department.
- Handles complaints and resolve issues promptly
- Adheres to all operational excellence standards related to cleanliness initiatives, great member experience and customer service
- Works closely with other departments and provides clerical assistance when needed
- Operates cash registers and closes daily revenue; Protects department against monetary losses by adhering to cash handing protocols
- Keeps front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Maintains a good working knowledge of current and upcoming events, initiate, promotions, and/or specials
- Adheres to all Company strategies, procedures, and techniques.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have High School diploma or GED Equivalency
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be assertive, enthusiastic, and punctual
- Must be comfortable engaging members and upholding policy
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be patient and comfortable dealing with complaints: Responds well to questions
- Must demonstrate utmost ethical conduct and personal integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Adapts very well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Dedication to maintaining personal integrity and one's own health and fitness
This position does not hold any supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a both a gym and office environment where noise levels vary from quiet to loud throughout the day. This role routinely works with a combination of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as fitness equipment and software. Individuals must be computer literate and comfortable working with a variety of computer software and information systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job individuals are frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position that requires a minimum commitment of 8 scheduled hours per week. Shift assignments are established at the time of hire and should remain consistent within reason.
This position requires a minimum amount of travel. The Front-Line Advisor will be expected to travel between locations as job duties or training demand.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not require additional screening