CALLING ALL AEROBIC, CYCLE, AND YOGA INSTRUCTORS!WE WANT YOU!!
City Fitness is currently looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals, to fill positions in our Aerobic, Cycle, and Yoga studio programs. Successful applicants will be highly energetic, possess strong customer service skills, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead large groups!
City Fitness proudly offers competitive pay, based on experience and certified qualifications, as well as the ability to participate in a variety of health benefit programs!
Applicants must be 18 years or older, hold a current nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification, and be willing to instruct a minimum of 2 classes per week
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must hold a current, nationally recognized certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NCSA) or equivalent.
- Prior experience instructing group fitness classes
- Ability to teach multiple formats- Preferred
- Physical ability to promote fitness and complete the workout
- Teaches a minimum of 8 group fitness classes per month
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Offers guidance, support, and motivation to class participants
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Provides assistance, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of member, facility, and program needs.
- Observes and ensures the proper execution of movements/exercises and offers corrections accordingly
- Uses company software, policies and procedures to schedule, track and render member sessions
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, programs, software's and services
- Monitors individuals' progress and ability and adapts criteria as needed
- Ensures all scheduling requirements are fulfilled on a daily basis
- Executes class formats, with consideration to the specific technologies available at City Fitness
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions, actions, and incidents in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Ensures that safety and quality standards are met, and that department and facility policies are maintained.
- Stays current on popular topics and trends within the industry
- Looks for ways to improve, promote, and enhance the quality and participation within of classes
- Assist with the internal and external marketing and promotion of the Program
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
- Adheres to all operational excellence standards related to providing a great member experience and exceptional customer service.
- Executes standards in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values, and objectives established by City Fitness
- Maintains credentials and completes continued education as required
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club, including studios(s) and additional space designated for classes
- Attends department meetings and trainings as determined by management or as deemed necessary
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Must be assertive, enthusiastic, and punctual
- Must have strong communication skills, and respond well to questions
- Must be patient and comfortable dealing with complaints
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Ability and willingness to prospect
- Dedication to maintaining personal integrity and one's own health and fitness
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, and problem solve
- Adapts very well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
- Willingness to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
This position does not have any supervisor responsibilities.
This position operates in a gym environment. This role routinely works with various types of fitness equipment, and frequently in an environment where noise levels vary from quiet to loud when in the facility or studio performing duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is very active and requires a considerable amount of movement. Individuals must maintain a high degree of energy and possess the physical endurance necessary to complete a workout while providing instruction and monitoring safety. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the day. This individual must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to a degree to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position that requires a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week. Classes are assigned upon hire and may be adjusted as programs needs demand. Instructors will be required to attend periodic internal trainings and bi-weekly department meetings.
This position requires a moderate amount of travel. This individual will be expected but not limited to, travel between all locations, as the job duties and/or trainings demand.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires a current valid nationally recognized Certification(s) for the duration of employment (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent. Additional specialty/certifications are preferred but not required.