Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com.
We are currently seeking an AP Specialist in our Middletown, NY office.
Support Accounts Payable and other miscellaneous functions of the Accounting Department.
- Enter and process vendor invoices into system for assigned plants, including coding and matching invoices to approved purchase orders. Review invoice for accuracy and appropriate approvals.
- Input invoices to ensure they are paid timely and accurately.
- Processing, tracking and payment of freight invoices.
- Tracking and non-check entry of ACH raw material invoices.
- Remit payments to vendors in a timely manner. Review and reconcile invoices to payments issued. Distribute appropriately.
- File and maintain all A/P voucher information for proper retention period and provide to other personnel as requested. Maintain ownership over the vendor files.
- Research and resolve outstanding checks and escheat checks when necessary.
- Issue 1099's on an annual basis.
- Back-up and assist Accounts Payable Supervisor as needed with all accounts payable functions. Including General ledger account reconciliations.
- Provide assistance with any audit requests.
- Will follow all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Will perform all job requirements in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Account Payable function. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Preferred experience with a fully-integrated manufacturing system.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated ability for detailed-oriented work.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to use thought and reason to resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and serve internal customer needs while following company policies and procedures.
- Positive attitude and professional image. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently and the ability to prioritize and modify priorities accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to show good, consistent and punctual work attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced work environment with multiple simultaneous projects.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.