See all jobs in New York NY
Job Location: New York, NY
Network Infrastructure . New York, New York
For over 30 years, many of the world's leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and a recognized center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design and build services and delivery. We have a flawless track record of technical solution delivery and have established long-standing relationships and an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients. We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media, and telecommunications.
Align seeks a mid-level Network Engineer for our growing WorkPlace Technology solution. This person is required to have a solid understanding of core routing and switching design using recommended best practices. Some Wireless or Voice experience would be a plus, but is not required. This person will work as part of the network engineering team, but to start out the primary focus will be supporting numerous small customers in a managed services environment. This position will escalate to higher level engineering personnel for advanced efforts and will work with help desk to troubleshoot network specific issues, and will also work with the account management and onboarding teams for pre-sales efforts, inventory tracking, and initial reconfiguration and on site installation. Secondarily, this position will be involved in supporting/documenting/optimizing the corporate internal network. The ideal candidate will be teamwork-oriented, passionate about technology and possess an excellent work ethic and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to work with best-in-class technology and also learn from and work alongside a great team of passionate, knowledgeable engineers.
- The Network Engineer will report to our New York office, but will often work at client sites in New Jersey 1-2 days a week
- This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, benefits, training, paid vacation and participation in a bonus plan
- Work on assigned projects to support our client's network infrastructure requirements, including configuring SMB scale networks
- Primary focus will be supporting numerous small customers in a managed services environment. This position will escalate to higher level engineering personnel for advanced efforts and will work with help desk to troubleshoot network specific issues
- Work with the account management and onboarding teams for pre-sales efforts, inventory tracking, and initial reconfiguration and on site installation.
- Secondary responsibilities will also include supporting, documenting, and optimizing our corporate internal network.
- Learn to build, configure and deploy the latest networking technologies
- Have the opportunity to participate in the design process and learn by working with Align senior engineers and network architects
- Follow the Align project methodology, and generate network documentation as directed by project managers
- Two to five years of relevant Cisco Network Support and Administration experience is required
- CCNA routing and switching v3.0 strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of layer 2/layer 3 networking details, like arp, mac-address table, VLANs, trunking, port-aggregation, static routing, OSPF/EIGRP routing, version upgrades
- Familiar with smaller models of Cisco ASA firewall, Cisco switches, Meraki wireless access points.
- General knowledge of IT areas of responsibility, such as VPN client, site to site VPN, VMWare networking, voice systems, internet provider circuit connectivity.
- Knowledge of additional network vendors such as: Juniper, Palo Alto, Meraki, Fortinet, Dell (networking), HP (networking), and/or Ubiquity would be a plus
- Knowledge of small standalone UPS devices would be beneficial.
- An understanding of standard Windows networking operations, such as how to route through different NICs, how to add a printer, how to use tools like iperf and Wireshark is desired.
- Experience in service validation, gateway support and troubleshooting network & security infrastructure on routers, switches & firewalls is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills are required
- Candidate must be able to work effectively with non-technical clients, sometimes ranging up to C-level users.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment, and be able to work with multiple internal departments (networking team, managed services account managers/onboarding, help desk personnel).
- Able to prioritize efforts and adjust schedule accordingly.
- Well versed in the use of standard Microsoft Office productivity tools like Word and Excel, should be able to modify and update diagrams in Visio, and be capable of using numerous communications platforms like Teams, Zoom, and Webex.
- Possess a strong curiosity and enjoy learning about technology in general. This is a position that will afford exposure to a wide variety of technology and will require continuous learning and skills improvement.
- Ideal candidate will be teamwork-oriented, passionate about technology and possess an excellent work ethic and communication skills
- Any MSP or Professional Services experience would be beneficial
- *Candidates must be able to regularly work at client sites in New York City or New Jersey
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact and control their own destinies. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue business opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment, as well as financial rewards.