See all jobs in Melville NY
Job Location: Melville, NY
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25348
Position Type: Full-Time
Responsible for supporting all Logistics functions with action to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Owns day-to-day Logistics Planning and/or Adminstrative tasks of a defined scope, including data reporting and accuracy development, freight audit and payment.
- Works with the team to ensure services are in place to meet Logistics operations needs.
- Works with Logistics Managers to establish standardized procedures and assists in implementing them across all locations.
- Works with other Departments to create cross-functional procedures; Assists in documentation of procedures.
- Ensures established processes are followed by all Logistics employees for efficent process flows to be realized. Follows up on any needed action within operating teams on any inefficiencies outside of standard process for Procurement and Logistics improvements.
- Provides Metric reporting monthly; Analyzes logistics activities and/or charges to identify improvement opportunities (internal distribution, 3PL transportation and warehousing areas) . Reports findings and impacts improvements.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting within a timely fashion and recommends/implements enhancements to add reporting value.
- Provides assistance/direction to logistics employees on request. Coaches less experienced employees towards continued resource developments for the team.
- Supports Special Project development and implementations across Procurement and Logistics subject areas.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 5 years of related experience.
- Proven understanding of domestic logistics areas, interacting with internal and external distribution, transportation, and warehousing partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge preferred. Intermediate MS Access knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to implement process and procedure improvements at a corporate level with little day-to-day oversight.
- Impactful analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet advised objectives.
- Ability to cooperate with other areas of Canon to ensure achievement of company-wide objectives.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.