See all jobs in Irving TX
Job Location: Irving, TX
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25479
Category: Product Support
Position Type: Full-Time
Performs comprehensive pre-install and setup of all assigned machines per Pre-Install / Configuration shop Standards. Performs used equipment evaluation and preparation per standard used processes. Continues to pursue progressive development of technical skills via Canon training and on-the-job training, and assists in other Logistics areas as assigned.
- Perform assigned configurations each day at or above the established benchmark for the models done.
- Maintain appropriate monthly average labor time for "S" and "C" calls, dependent on assigned work load and availability.
- Achieve monthly accountability expectations for position (based on shop tech matrix).
- Maintains constant high level of work quality and consistent conformance with published standards.
- Maintains all technical information and Canon property assigned.
- Available to work overtime (Daily and weekend) as required.
- Complete repairs and maintenance on Used equipment within the RDC goals (for either transfer triage/evaluation or for final preparation for local delivery).
- Stays current on Canon Technical Certifications on current model lines, subject to pre-install or repair in the Pre-Install Shop.
- Communicates well with fellow team members, internal customers, supervisors and other internal departments regarding the timely completion of assigned work related to pre-installs and/or preparation of Used machines.
- Assist and/or cross train in other Logistics functions as assigned.
HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required, plus 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Degree in Electronics, or equivalent training in Military/Trade School/Industry.
- Copier industryexperience. Demonstrate appropriate level of technical knowledge, skills and learning ability.
- Travel to support other RDCs as assigned (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
- Must be capable of pushing equipment through warehouse as needed. Ability to work entire shift while standing with occasional rest. Must be able to use hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices to perform job duties. You may be required to work in a plant that is not environmentally controlled and requires work in extreme heat/humidity during summer months (the shop has AC but the warehouse does not).
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.