See all jobs in New York NY
Job Location: New York, NY
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25387
Category: Customer Service/Support
Position Type: Full-Time
Responsible for bid and RFx efforts, including capture planning, account planning, research, coordinating and managing large remote teams, solution design, and preparation of proposals and presentations. Accountable for key Sales positioning deliverables and managing all proposal development activities. Ensures consistency of messaging and persuasiveness of content across all subject matters.
Proposal Management & Development - (60%)
- Develops and manages proposal and bid activities (valued at $500K-$1M+), including maintaining schedules, coordinating inputs and reviews, and ensuring bid strategy implementation.
- Project manages RFP/RFI/RFQ opportunities, as well as current contract renewals and expansion requests using defined processes.
- Works with division subject matter experts to formulate proposals for strategic priorities.
- Conducts research and interviews Operations, Technology, and others to compose appropriate and effective copy for individual proposals and bid materials.
- Reviews and edits written materials to ensure quality and consistency.
- Travels to client sites nationwide to present Canon's value proposition and work with the project team to secure new business.
- Meets established deadlines for all proposals.
Solution Design & Positioning (20%)
- Has a clear understanding of division's and client's objectives, observing and absorbing market knowledge and trends.
- Leads Capture Planning projects that define winning strategies oriented towards capturing specific business opportunities.
- Formulates and documents thoughtful solutions that addresses complex customer requirements and needs.
- Partners with key teams such as Pricing, Operations and Sales to obtain crucial data required for solution design and documentation.
Presentation & Industry (10%)
- Maintains and updates Capabilities Presentations.
- Develops customized client presentations, travels to client locations, and presents division's business development strategies to prospects.
- Attends industry workshops and trainings to encourage innovation and maintain consistent understanding across bid and proposal best practices.
Content Creation & Management (10%)
- Ensures that proposal messaging is consistent with division's communications strategy.
- Creates and maintains the Strategy's knowledge databases.
- Use organization, writing and information design skills to increase the business strategy to communicate the Company's value.
- Creates and maintains proposal content, infographics, and a Win Theme Library.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing related subject preferred.
- Experience in proposal management or directly related fields such as sales support, marketing, journalism or communications.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a proficient, persuasive writer.
- Experience creating graphics and formatting documents.
- Strong research & analytical skills are required.
- Attention to detail balanced by an equally strong view of the larger goal.
- Must have professional image and polished presentation skills.
- Must be able to work equally well independently and as part of a greater team.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated success in writing and managing proposals.
- Show good judgment and escalate problems when necessary.
- Must be is meticulous, collaborative, a quick learner, and a multi-tasker, who is passionate about communications.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio).
- Experience with Adobe and proposal management software is a plus.
- Must be able to travel to client sites, including overnights approx. 10% of time (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- May be required to work non-standard hours due to client deadlines.
- APMP or PMP certification is a plus.
- Requires printing and packaging client-facing deliverables in a local Canon Solutions America, Inc. office. Must be able to lift and move boxes/packages weighing less than 15 lbs.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.