See all jobs in Melville NY
Job Location: Melville, NY
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 24981
Position Type: Full-Time
Responsible for developing cost strategies and creating financial models to price large scale, strategic bid opportunities, as well as supporting existing contracts and programs. This role implements and oversees the development of informal bid and formal RFP pricing, quotations, and/or other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests submitted by the Sales Team in presenting proposals to prospective clients. The Pricing Analyst collaborates with members of the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Contracts and Solutions Teams to ensure final proposals are complete, accurate, and timely. Acts as Project Manager for all assigned tasks and assume ownership of the equipment and service price model and other pricing deliverables for assignments.
- Read and interpret RFP and Price Quote requests and create an action plan with timelines.
- Assess Terms and Conditions and create Issues File for Company response.
- Conduct price-to-win analysis for potential and existing bids to evaluate profitability and potential opportunity.
- Create financial mode; include Task Overview, Acquisition Program (lease or purchase), and Business Risks.
- Collaborate with sales and various other internal teams to ensure all tasks are complete, accurate, and timely.
- Present cost/price strategies to senior leadership for final review.
- Populate customer's RFP submission template based on inputs from internal model.
- Create Contract Profiles for those opportunities that result in a win.
- Work with Contracts and Systems Teams to create/update contracts and/or pricelists for order processing.
- Provide financial and analytical analysis for capture rate and profitability.
- Respond to emails, prioritize projects, and work on reports or information gathering in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required (Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting); plus 3-5 years relative experience.
- High level of Business Acumen required (knowledge of P&L, and ability to support Finance organization).
- Advanced excel modeling experience required (pivot tables, vLookups, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work in dependently as well as part of a team.
- Highly organized, self-motivated multi-tasker.
- In addition to possessing strong statistical and critical thinking skills, candidate must be a self-starter who can determine what needs to be done and how to get it done rather than wait for direction.
- Sound decision making, high accuracy and solid task prioritization skills are a must.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously under tight deadlines in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Occasional overtime is required.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.