Zuum Transportation, Inc. is a rapidly growing, tech startup which is transforming the $1.2 trillion logistics industry. Zuum connects enterprise shippers, brokers, and carriers on an automated platform. To better understand what we are about, please check out our website:
Were currently looking for fast, growth-minded individuals who want to help revolutionize the logistics industry and play an integral role in a thriving startup environment.
The Carrier Representative is responsible for developing relationships with networks of fleets and drivers. The Carrier Representative will assist the RFQ process and development of compliant bids and spot quotes to deliver an open and competitive carrier procurement process. The Carrier Representative will be the primary liaison in securing and coordinating freight services with carriers and drivers while providing excellent customer service. You will be working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure carrier utilization, sourcing, and on-time delivery. This position has lots of room for growth!
- Track and manage multiple requests for quotes and acquire competitive pricing from third-party carriers and drivers.
- Project management of open and competitive bid processes, including specifying requirements, identification of potential carriers, submitting RFQs, evaluating responses, and awarding based on best value procurement practices.
- Ensure provider solutions maintain commercial best practices (e.g, Carrier411, and insurance validation).
- Coordinate, organize, monitor, track, and implement all logistics implementation requests.
- Ensure services are delivered correctly, cost-effectively, and on schedule while facilitating communications.
- Maintain communication with the Zuum Sales team, including providing status updates.
- Build and maintain relationships and assist in the maintenance of information on carrier accounts, budget compliance, performance tracking, and reporting.
- Collaborate on quality assurance of the proprietary system and discuss opportunities for improvement.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in freight brokerage (inland), carrier sourcing or sales support within the transportation, trucking, 3PL, logistics, and supply chain industries
- Strong knowledge of inland freight environments, FTL, LTL and multi-modal
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with technology, Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Ability to make real-time decisions with minimal guidance
- Ability to understand & manage data reports while owning performance metrics that drive business results
- A high sense of urgency and ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Collaborative and a great team player
Zuum offers a competitive, starting compensation with bonus, and benefits package, and an unparalleled culture of diversity and inclusion. New ideas are always welcome, we embrace our failures and move quickly through them, testing and iterating our way to success - all while having fun!
Zuum Transportation Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR