See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Engineering and IT
Req ID: 4946
Are you passionate about Cloud Computing technology and driving growth and maturity in a team? Do you enjoy partnering with infrastructure to ensure the foundation set in cloud & security meets the software team's needs? If so, this might be the role for you!
In this role you will work with our team of software engineers, core infrastructure engineers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and backend solutions to enable high-quality application solutions that leverage AWS services. You'll get to play with some of the best tools AWS has to offer to help with integration, data engineering, and software development. You'll be able to work with top practitioners on solving some of our countries toughest social challenges using your unique skills. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a growth mindset. The team values engineering quality, technical excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Chose the right AWS services for the application you develop and support
- Write code that optimizes the performance of AWS services used by your application
- Implement automated tests to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to production
- Develop integrations and automations with multiple data sources using AWS services
- Contribute to other solutions on the team to include code reviews, pair programming, and architecting prototypes and fully functional production ready applications
- Collaboratively promote and prototype low-code solutions for potential new business opportunities
- Communicate with end users, other technical teams, and leadership to collect requirements, describe functionality and product features, and technical designs
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 3+ years of hands-on professional experience with programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby or Powershell
- Good understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Experience developing applications on AWS using EC2, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, SNS, S3, API Gateway, Redshift, Athena
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep curiosity to learn about new technologies and how to improve operations
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- AWS or Azure certifications (Certified Developer, DevOps, Solutions Architect, Data Analytics or Database)
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management (MBM ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.