Continuing Education Apprenticeship Master Mechanic Technician Instructor
Job ID: 2021-1660
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Labor-Trades
The Continuing Education Apprenticeship Master Mechanic Instructor is responsible for teaching non-credit automotive mechanic courses with a prescribed curriculum to individuals pursuing certifications in the automotive industry.
- Encourage and train students in automotive technology
- Prepare and distribute course syllabi to students
- Teach lecture and laboratory sections
- Demonstrate automotive expertise in a fully equipped facility
- Instruct students about safety and monitor for compliance
- Maintain accurate attendance and grades
- Develop teaching and learning strategies that optimize student performance
- Develop and update curriculum
- Participates in textbooks and technology committee
- Assists with other services activities such as recruitment, and retention
- Complies with departmental and College policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master ASE Certified and OEM Master Certified.
- Minimum of 10 years of dealership experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Possess extensive experience in one or more building trades and/or manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills and teaching experience.
- Preferred Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and lab managers.
- Ability to use multi-media equipment for instruction.
- Ability to keep student progress records.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and milling equipment.
- Ability to operate manuals and safety procedures for all of the equipment and tools in the lab.
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.